Jason and Jamie

Jason and Jamie

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This past weekend!!!

I can't believe it's mid January already! My nieces will be turning 4 next week. Time is flying by.

Speaking of my nieces, Jason and I got to watch them on friday night. Cyndi and Matt wanted a date night and so I told her we could watch the girls. Apparently the girls asked if they were spending the night and when Cyndi told them they weren't, Dylan cried. So therefore Cyndi asked if they could spend the night. Of course they can! Jason wasn't crazy about it but he got over it. haha.

Friday night was fun. The girls slept in our guest room which is right down the hall from our room...not far. I did not have a good nights sleep. For some reason I was worried that they would get up and roam during the night, which was silly of me to think. Peyton slept pretty well but Dylan did not. She came in our room a little after five and crawled up on Jason and then over to me. She slept with us for the rest of the night.

Saturday we got up and had some breakfast and then we started painting. A month or so ago, I broke one of my mom's plates. The plate had the girls hand and footprints on them when they were 6 months old. Precious! Well, I feel really bad about that. I had some extra canvas' laying around so I thought I'd make a flower out of the girls hand and footprints. The hand being the flower and the feet being the leafs on the stem. Well, I didn't realize how big the girls feet were but it turned out okay. I gave them to my mom yesterday for her birthday. So it worked out that we got to keep the girls this past weekend! :-)

Saturday night was a much needed night with my hubby and him alone. We went to the grocery store to get food for this week. We got back home and lounged for a little bit. Jason got a ham from work for Christmas so we cooked that for dinner. We had a feast saturday night for just the two of us...hehe. It was a wonderful night that was greatly appreciated. God is great!!!

I forgot to mention that today is the day that Jason proposed to me...two years ago!! My dreams came true on that day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love those girls! I know you had a great time. What good practice, too! Haha.

    The flower canvas sounds adorable. I'm sure your mom loved them.

    Alone time with the husband is always the best. Especially after babysitting, and with a big fat ham!

    ReplyDelete