Jason and Jamie

Jason and Jamie

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Painting!

Well, I remember why it takes a long time for me to paint something...I've gotta get it perfect! haha.

I love when people look at a painting and say.."that looks easy, i could do that". I want to see those people try! If you have never painted before, it's pretty intense...unless you don't care what it looks like. I am so precise that it takes me a long time, well, depending on what I'm doing. The painting right now that I'm working on is very basic. It's a color fade and you'd think that would be easy. It was easy when I did it with colored pencils. I guess I should of thought about the fact that it took me an hour to make the boxes just right with colored pencils that it would take me a while to get a painting done. Oh well, I'm enjoying it. Last week I got all my utensils out (utensil is a word I've been using a lot lately...haha) to get ready to start painting. I haven't used them in 2 1/2 years. I can't believe it's been almost 3 years since I graduated college.

Tonight I finally opened up those paints and sat down. It's amazing how much you forget in 2 1/2 years. I had forgotten a paper towel to wipe my brush on and forgot the water to use. WOW...simple but yet I forgot. haha. But I put the colors on my palette and started mixing the colors and it brought back so many memories. :) I enjoyed starting on this piece and I can't wait to see the final product. *Rachel, it might be a while before I'm done. I'm sorry.* Painting is fun but time consuming...But I am excited to be able to do something again!!!


On a side note, I was at work today and I was sitting with the 3rd grader boys. They were trying to get me to hold my tongue and say Ask and Fork. I was like NO! I knew what they were up to! haha They also asked me if the word "HO" was a bad word. I explained that 'hoe' is a gardening utensil but if you were to call someone that, then yes, it could be bad. Boys!!! They start out young don't they? shoooooooooot!! Goodness gracious!!

3 comments:

  1. I am sooo glad you are having fun! I can't wait to see the finished product, and no worries - TAKE YOUR TIME!!! I am just so thankful that you agreed to do it!!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet to paint a picture for them! I know it will turn out perfectly. I'm sure, once you get back into the groove of things, it'll all flow right back.

    Now, as for those people who think it looks easy? They're nuts. I look at artwork and think, "How in the world???" You've got talent, sister!

    ReplyDelete