Jason and Jamie

Jason and Jamie

Thursday, July 29, 2010

God Is Great!!!

So I am at the beach this week with the Frankum family and I am having the exact issue I had with mine...privacy!  haha.  I just need some space sometimes BUT I am having a blast.  I have never been to this beach before and I love it!  It's pretty...and I love the dunes.  I don't remember seeing so many dunes.  Love it!  I haven't been to the beach everyday but there are so many things to do that I have never done before (or remember doing).  Like Lighthouses, I've never really seen one up close before or maybe even in person.  I can't remember.  Jason, Rob and I walked up the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse on Monday...all 257 steps up and down.  It was so pretty up top.  :)  The only other two 'tower' type things I've climbed like that is the duomo in Florence and the leaning tower of Pisa.  Both were hard but I'm pretty sure the duomo was a little more difficult than the lighthouse.  haha.  Don't get me wrong, I definitely had to rest on my way up and down but it was worth it!  :)  I love seeing things from up above and being able to see the land.  It's so wonderful.  :-)  The ocean is HUGE and it always reminds me how God is in Everything!

I just need prayers right now for my future.  I love photographey and I love taking pictures, I just feel like others don't like my work.  I feel like I need to be a step above where I'm at now.  I need more practice and more equipment/tools.  Sometimes I get a little discouraged at how many of my own family and friends don't use me to take their photos.  :(  I do take it personal, especially when it's family.  I know that there are a LOT of others out there that can do just the same, if not better than what I can do.  So I completely understand them using others.  It just hurts sometimes.  I don't have photo software where I can play with the pictures and adjust them to where people would like them more.  But to me, if you have to do that, it defeats the purpose.  Ansel Adams is one of my all time favorites.  He worked his butt off in the dark room for AMAZING prints and it shows.  Did he use techniques to improve his photo, sure.  But back then when you didn't have digital, you HAD to get a great shot the first time b/c trying over and over again was very expensive!!!  Anyways, I'm going off on my soap box.  I just need encouragement I guess.  I feel like I get way too many negatives comments and I guess that means I suck.  So I need to change and get better I guess.  I need the patience and practice and time and money.  Prayers do help and I guess I just need to get better all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment