Jason and Jamie

Jason and Jamie

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer 2010

So Summer started for me back in May.  The last week in May was my first week to work Summer Camp. Granted, it was the first week so it was kinda rocky.  But after tomorrow, we will have finished 4 weeks of camp.  There are only 10 weeks total all summer.  I can't believe it's mid-June. REally.?!?  Some of the kids at summer camp are a little nerve racking.  I work with the group 1st - 6th grade.  That meaning the ones who just completed those grades.  I usually work with the 1st - 3rd grades and usually love it. I mean there are some that get on my nerves but there are going to be kids in all age brackets like that.  But these older kids, the ones who just completed 5th or 6th grade have an attitude problem.  I couldn't teach that age group.  Although, they are old enough to know what to do.  Anyways, there is this one kid who gave me a bad first impression and ever since, it's hard not to blow up at the kid.  I know I know.  Luckily he's not there every day.  I need to relax and start over with this kid.  He didn't know the rules the first day but there is just something about him.  I'm gonna try my best to forget the past and start over with him.  :-)  That's what I should do, I just hope I do it.  haha.

Well, out of those 10 weeks, I need 2 of them off.  I'm finally going back to Camp this year.  I've missed the last two years and it's killed me.  I loved camp and that first year I didn't go was so hard.  It got easier and I don't like that.  But since I'm not working retail, I can kinda do what I want, when I want.  I love it.  I know I need to respect the school and all but it's just easier than retail.  That's all.  So I'm going to church camp and this year we are choosing to go to a different camp.  Camp Hargis,  a YMCA camp in Alabama. It will be interesting but I'm excited about it.  :)  The next week I'm taking off is the last week of summer camp and it's for a BEACH trip with the Frankum family.  I'm actually excited about it!!  It will be our first trip together EVER.  All 8 of us will be going to Waves, NC in July.  It's gonna be HOT but I don't care.  I'm excited and can't wait.  I've never been to the Outer Banks in North Carolina so I'm super pumped.  Jason and his family used to go when he was younger and Jason is probably the reason we are going back.  Well that and the fact that the Gulf is covered in Oil right now.  I know not all of the gulf is covered but anyways.  Jason is super excited about the trip too.  He doesn't get excited about many things but he's mentioned more than twice how excited he is about the beach.  He's so cute when he gets excited.  hehe.  So that's my summer in a whole.  Not much to it but that's what summer is all about, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment